Sunday, July 26, 2009

Out and about on a Sunday . . .

Birmingham is a beautiful, hilly, tree-laden place. As I have lived here lo these many years I have really enjoyed these aspects of my adopted home city. That is, until I decided I wanted to photograph some local MCM homes. Julius Shulman didn't have to work like this. There's a reason all those desert homes photograph so well -- NO TREES! Anyway, here are a few photos I was able to get. I've thrown in one of the Golden Rule on 31 in Hoover, just for good measure:
Photobucket

I remembered this great house in Hoover just off 31. unfortunately, the shrubbery has taken over, but I got a shot of the cantilevered, asymmetrical front steps. I LOVE these steps:
Photobucket

But I also found this cutie nearby (again, partially obscured by the druid gods of anti-photography):
Photobucket

Here is one in Montevallo that has been on the market for at least two years. The place is great, but the lots in front of and behind it have been cleared in anticipation of . . . a Mad Max remake, perhaps? It's a shame, because it has great views of the wasteland. I added one of the pristine kitchen (matching original avocado cooktop, wall oven and dishwasher) just for fun:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We're considering the below for backsplash tile when we do the kitchen this fall. Any thoughts?
sendai n stacked

No comments:

Post a Comment