The planning started the day we moved in. The cabinets showed up in October. The demo began in November. It is April, and it is done. This was a 95% DIY effort and I'm excited to finally be able to share it with everyone.
We had a 15K budget and actually came in a good bit under, including appliances. We kept the same essential footprint and plumbing locations and kept the original paver flooring. The original pantries stayed in place and got a coat of paint (and the microwave moved into one of them). We built a new wall to create a fridge alcove and separate the range area for the backsplash feature. It was all DIY except for the countertops and the plumber. (Rest assured that the vintage Norge fridge found a great new home).