Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Showstopper on Cherokee Road

This one is just stunning. I had a chance to tour it several years ago when I was still a die-hard bungalow gal, and I never forgot it. I think it helped me realize how comfortable a "modern" house could be. Yes, it's pricy at $875K, but it's in Mountain Brook, and it's . . . it's . . . well, just take a look:

Photobucket

Photobucket

http://tiny.cc/CherokeeRd

Please, please buy this place and then invite me over for a visit. I might not ever leave, but then I might just start cleaning it for you so you won't throw me out.

5 comments:

  1. No, you buy it and invite me over. That place is magnificent. We can dream can't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you and I tour this on the IPC Christmas home tour a few years ago or am I thinking of something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was the IPC tour -- it was maybe 4 or 5 years ago. It was (is) an amazing house. So, if you guys pitch in and we pitch in, I figure we still need about 4 more people before we can turn it into our commune . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen MCM,

    I just discovered your blog and read every entry. I didn't think there was anyone in BHM that cared about MCM. A couple of weeks ago I discovered a magazine (got it at Books A Million) called "Atomic Ranch" that has got me hooked. I ordered three back copies from the publisher and have another three back copies on order from another source. If you don't already read this magazine you must drop what you are doing right now and go get a copy. I promise you will love it.

    Take Care,
    Patricia D Todd
    patriciatodd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! You should consider posting your stuff on flickr.com with a link to your blog.

    I often seach MCM photos across the South using MCM, mid century or atomic ranch in conjunction with a particular city ( Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville, Houston, Dallas etc.)

    ReplyDelete